Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving and Christmas Trees


Our family traditions have changed over the years as we make the effort to spend time together on the morning and afternoon of Thanksgiving. Loading the 4 -wheelers on our hour journey to the mountains of Kilgore 1 hour away from home to seek out our own hand picked Christmas tree. This year Quinn, Tasha, Shannon, Jason, Gavan, Devin, Eric and I made the journey.
The day was perfect with new fallin snow and crisp clear blue skies and of course the peace and tranquility of mountain air.
Devin loves being with family and of course being adventorous on the 4-wheelers, which add to the fun and come to our aid as we cut and pack out our choose tree.
No pictures of family at the dinner table. My camera did capture the beautiful sight of 4 of the 8 pies that Tasha and Quinn made for our yummy Thanksgiving dinner. I can't help but be thankful for family, a safe warm home, food, jobs, the gospel and the many adventourous opportunities I have enjoyed throughout my life. How grateful I am.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: