Monday, February 2, 2009

Sunny Vacaton in St. George Jan.28-31,09


Ideas for having fun and getting away come in a most unique way. Eric picked up pneomonia and the flu at the same time which lingered longer and lead to a little frustration and discouragement. Before we both went crazy I began to think what could be done to help out so rather than pamper too much, which I'm not real good at, I thought of getting away in the sun to relax and heal. Yes, fun is how I deal with sickness, pain, sadness and frustration. We left Wednesday and stayed a my good friend Rosie's house in Provo. Thursday, Eric and I met Tyson at the UVU campus to take a mini tour of the building he spends most of his time and then off to St. George to our time share home. What a fabulous idea! The first thing we did was pull out the patio chairs and sit facing the sun. Words cannot desribe coming out of a snow cave into the light of warm sunlight. We met up with Vickie and Mark Jensen to eat and visit. Friday we went for our daily 40 min walk in the sun and then off to play tennis, drive to the Mountain Meadow Massacre Monument and then visiting Murl and Janice Jeppesen. We did find time to just lay around, read and watch a movie. This is something I don't do much so it was relaxing. Saturday we slept in, relaxed, walked, and then went on a country ride out to Fort Pearce, and then on to see the Dinosaur Tracks. We made it back to Provo in time to meet up with Tyson and Brady and were joined by friends and of course Devin. Devin spent a wonderful time with Brady skiing at Sundance, playing basketball. Tyson found time to eat out and make it to the show. Saturday Brady and Devin studied at the BYU library, and then off to a BYU basket ball game. This was a worthwhile, memorable, special trip. Eric and I haven't taken a trip for at least 10 years without children. After being home for about 1 hour we made our way to my good friend Julie's house for a supper bowl Sunday dinner and visit. What good family and friends I have. I am blessed.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

That's so great you got to get away to St. George. We went down Valentine's Day weekend, and it was a much needed trip away from the snow!