Sunday, October 26, 2008

In Memory of Helen Lamprecht

While at Ricks College I was blessed to serve while a student on the Stake Relief Society Board with Helen Lamprecht as the Stake R. S. President. Kate Cox and I were the only students to be serving with many wonderful women. Over the years Sister Lamrecht would bring us all back together once or twice a year for a Christmas or summer reunion where we would enjoy wonderful food and of course one anothers company. We would go around to each person and capture our lives in a nutshell, laughing and sometimes shedding tears for one another. This year we met at Loa & Paul Jenkins home in I.F. Loa is at my left, Shanna Shirley to my right, then across from her is Linda Harrop, Candy Howell, Betty Waddell, Sharon ? How rich my blessings to be around these celestial women.
Helen Lamprecht passed away Sept. 13, 2008 while I was teaching at MHS. My secretary came to my room to personally tell of the loss. She had fought a good fight and was living at the Homestead living center fighting cancer. This picture was displayed at the reunion and shares many of her accomplishments. The last paragraph expresses exactly how I feel about this beloved lady. She truly exemplified character, created a vision of potential for me and motivated me to achieve my best. She has so much love and faith in me that she made me a lot better than I thought I could be. She was not only a teacher in the classroom but each time I visited her, she taught me something. I love and revere her. She has and will always influence my life and is the reason I graduated in teaching. To her I will be ever grateful
While serving with Helen Lamprecht, we each made a quilt square about her or Relief Society. This is my square which states, "News Flash," "Sister Lamprecht goes to college." Robyn Howard...My mother, of course did all the machine embroidery because at this time my sewing talents were just developing. Thanks Mom for the help and talents you've past on.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: