Sunday, September 21, 2008
Thoughts of Inspiration
I've had time this weekend to clean out and organize some drawers and came across some notes taken at a teacher conference while in Lewiston, Idaho on 6/17/07. Staying in a room by yourself allows time to read and reflect. I took on a practice that my son Brady does nightly. He spends time reading the scriptures and has a yellow tablet on the table next to his scriptures as he reads. As thoughts and feelings come he documents what he's learned. So, following my sons example, I took a yellow notepad and jotted some of my thoughts from Alma, Chap.1. "King Mosiah has died and it is written of him that he has warred a good warfare and walked upright before God. He had no one to take his place but had established laws of which the people respected. I hoped I could say this of myself as I have strived to hold up under lifes ridged challenges. With the battles I've had, I remained faithful through it all and hopefully left a good example for my children to follow and would come to respect."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment