Saturday, May 10, 2008

Thoughtful Mother's Day Surprise


A lovely Mother's Day surprise from my thoughtful son Brady in Utah. This arrive at my front door hand delivered by a friend coming this way. I could hear this loud song of, "You Are My Sunshine." I looked down the haul and giggled out loud at this cute floating balloon with and fun card attached. The card says, "Mom, I planned to send you on an exotic cruise for Mother's Day. But I knew you'd miss me too much. That's the kind of Mom you are. Happy Mothers Day!
When the kids were little I found myself singing this song to them many times a day followed with 10,000 kisses. Brady said he could remember very well the times that I would sing this song to him as I kissed their checks. My Mother would always say, "Stop kissin those kids." I just couldn't get enough. They were so darn cute.
We have tapped this balloon over and over as we pass to hear this happy song. I've been caught doing the polka down the hall and even tried to get Tyson and Devin to dance to the music. This morning I looked down the hall to see Devin hugging the balloon, his ear up next to it rocking back and forth. We've laughed and made fun of each others reaction to the balloon. Thank you Brady for your love and thoughtfulness. Little things make a big difference.

2 comments:

MZ said...

How cute. Happy Mothers day neighbor.

Stephanie said...

How nice! Hope you had a great day!!