Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Break in P.A.




Spring break with the Ballard family was a treasured memory. Sitting on the front porch of this home Ryan has fixed up to sell with Mia, (2) Mason (1) and Brooklynn (2) Helping Stephanie and Ryan with 3 children under 3 and 1 crazy, busy 8 yr. old was a call for a full time nanny. Days were long and nights short especially when sleeping with children and waking up to a baby who just can't get enough of his mother's love. These 4-5 hr. nights were soon to catch up with me and a change of plans to spend one night in a hotel with just Steph, BreAnna, Brooklynn and I. It was only 10 mins. away from home but a great get away for a better nights sleep and a break for Steph. The kids loved swimming and having breakfast.



BreAnna couldn't wait to take me to the Ice Box, a roller and ice skating rink. She does well having had much practice on her mother's roller blades at home. For me, however, I was a little shacky after a 10 plus year break from the Rexburg skating rink.



These grandkid's are so sweet and easily entertained. Reading books, rock-a-bye, squezes, kisses by the dozens, coloring, and play dough. Brooklynn kept asking if I was going to stay forever.



What kid can't resist licking the batter from the mixing bowl. They were so excited to make ice cream cone cup cakes. I loved the time I spent from July 1-8th and landed for one day before heading to Boise for 3 more day.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

MZ said...

Hey cute Grandma on roller skates. Maybe we should take that up in the mornings.