Saturday was a dreamy day one thinks of when skiing at Sun Valley. This day was filled with perfect weather, perfect snow and perfect company.
The Madison High Ski/Snowboard Club traveled on Friday the 2nd of Feb. for their overnight trip. We left when school was called off because of blowing and drifting. Roads were closed until 1/2 hour before departure. The students love staying in the condos. skating, bowling and then the day of skiing.
I'm not normally dressed this way but was so busy taking care of everyone else that I left my ski bag home. My ski outfit was made up of 6 differant items from 6 differant people. Renting ski's and boots was not a bad deal. I learned that mine need to be retired and I will never return to ski on them again.Devin was having fun until he fell from jumping and broke his collar bone. He spent most of the day in the lodge as we traded off being with him to apply heat and a cold pack to his shoulder. We hope his recovery is quick because he is on a good basketball team and has the best coach ever. We had also broke down and bought him a ski pass at Targhee. This is the year of broken bones in our family.




2 comments:
Sorry Devin. It will heal. Robin I figured outt he tool thing. It is only there when you are logged in for posting or editing. It does not show up on the blog. that was easy!
That makes me want to ski! You don't get snow like that on the slopes out here (at least not REAL snow like that.) I'm glad you got to go and that the weather didn't ruin it for you. Do me a favor, though, and keep all that snow to yourself. I'm over it this year. I'm anxious for spring!
Post a Comment