Sunday, January 6, 2008

Newdale Friends Forever

Renee, Paula, Julie, Belinda, and Patti
Certain treasures in life make living worth while. These are my close friends from Newdale; ones I grew up with in a town that was away from town. Everything after school, in church and around town was done with theses girlfriends. We played ball together, hide and seek on snow machines, sleigh rides through townbehind a vehicle , ping pong at Julies's, kick the can at Renees's, sleep over's at Patti's, horse rides with Robyn, hanging out a Jays store, Connie Gutierrez warm homemade tortillas with butter, jam or both, great 3 day overnight ward reunion's in the Teton's, and who can forget the Saturday ski trip's to Targhee. We haven't gotten together since high school but have ran into each other off and on. More off than on but have kept in touch with Christmas letters and wedding invitations. Julie arranged for this evening reunion. I didn't know Patti and Renee were coming from Utah. I opened the door to my first guest, saw Patti and could have passed out. Then Renee showed up and our group was complete. We shared memories, scrapbook pictures of High School and told each other about our families. I love these girls and will always be grateful for my childhood and the countless times I have drawn strength from these great friends of mine. Out plans to meet again will not take another 30 yrs. Love you, great girlfriends until we meet again.

No comments: