Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Happy Harvest


It's our harvest break. You say, "What?" Yes, school is out and some go on vacation, but our family takes part in this hard, rewarding work. My kids and husband work long hours while I fix lunches and deliver dinner to the fields just like my Mother used to do. The dirt just keeps rolling in each evening and the wash doesn't seem to stop. What great memories of this time of year. When I see those John Deer tractors, combines, and the potatoes rolling into the cellar, my heart skips a beat. Let's don't' forget the smell. Just like a impressionable expensive perfume, the smell lingers on and brings back wonderful memories. I have a personal passion for this wonderful time of year. Thanks Mom and Dad for our rich, amazing childhood on the farm. I'm happy that my children have had the opportunity to work over the years during harvest season. The picture shows my son Tyson and Ashley sharing in my childhood memories.
ife experiences. What an adventure!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh! I miss that smell. There's nothing quite like cellar dirt. What a cute couple, too!

MZ said...

I worked for years in the potatoes. The unique smell of harvest always transports me back. I was a truck driver by the way!