Saturday, March 23, 2013

Madison County Youth Group Conference

"What could you do better for your children and your children's children than to record the story of your life; your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?"
-President Spencer W. Kimball
 
Couldn't sleep from too much information running through my head. Read Steph's blog and found this post from Pres. Kimball and decided to  spend time recording a few thought's  and triumph's.  The last 2 days I have been attending Madison County Youth Conference.  Youth and adults from MHS, MJH, Sugar Jr. High and High School and adults from businesses and  the community were invited by the mayor, superintendent, city council members and Madison Cares group to attend.  It was the setting where our voices were heard. I was the only teacher from Madison High along with my Principal invited.  What an honor.  At the introduction portion, people who had a vision for something that they wanted to see happen would present it to the group.  That ideas would be posted as a session to be discussed during the 2 day conference. I stood and stated my dream of a Culinary program as part of a PTE school. My Principal expressed his desire before he retires to make it happen.  Today the group choose 10 top ideas to further develop and discuss. My idea and dream became choice #3 out of 46, it being one of the top interest's to be pursued.  Wow! I can't believe that just happened.  I was invited my My Principal to attend a Albertson  grant writing session at 3:00 today where they would be starting to propose and write a grant to secure some money to start the PTE (Prefessional Technical Education) School at MHS. It was the start of my vision moving forward.   I learned a lot today and see my dream beginning to unfold.  Magnificent!