Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Harvest, Kids and Grandkids.A Good Life

Growing up on a large farm was hard work but rewarding. I have great memories of Dad and Mom who worked side by side with us kids to teach us the value of hard work. Today I love the harvest smells, the dirt, the sunsets, the truck rides and seeing my kids work in the harvest as well. Today, as soon as those sweet grand kids came to my home I loaded them in the car to deliver hamburgers and fries to Tyson and Devin. I wanted them to experience this great life we can enjoy and know that their is something else to explore besides beaches and seashells.
You could just see Brooklyn's eyes light up as she saw 100's of small potatoes that fell through the chain landing on the ground in that deep, fertile soil. She couldn't wait to collect them and put them in a bucket after wiping their faces and pulling out the vines.
Mia wasn't dressed for the occasion but a good bath at Grandma's will take care of that. Mia had to hand her sought after potatoes to Brook before putting them into the bucket for they had to be placed just perfect to give to her Mom for dinner.

Mason and Mia are waiting for their turn to ride in the crossover with Uncle Tyson. Wow! was that ever exciting for them. First time. Grandpa Pete would be proud.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh Robyn I am so glad you took steph's kids to have that experience! you are the best gma to them. I love harvest too, I miss driving truck and helping pull vines in the cellar. oh the memories!!

gma and gpa would be proud

Kimberly Hill said...

Robyn, thanks for the sweet pictures of Harvest. These are memories I truly miss. Thanks for the little bit of love