Friday, August 7, 2009

Camping At Its Finest in Max Inn

Yes, I love the mountains and dropping everything including tiling my storage room to join my friend Julie at her cabin at Max Inn along the river. It spells stress less. The minute you drive up the Ashton hill the feeling of relief hits.
My good friend Jewel ,as we call her. I grew up with her in Newdale. We have a lot in common including our great-grandmother's being sister's. The thing I love about her cabin is that it's the real deal. Made from logs, original heavy front door, wood counter tops (no granite), grandma's brown fridge, rickety card tables, one bathroom which is accessed through the one bedroom downstairs, one squeaky door into the bathroom, light bulbs only, (no covers), screen doors with latches, gold shag carpet, hot water heater exposed in the kitchen, black and white square tiled linolem in the kitchen and built in 1939 . You can't forget the best dock you could ask for, just right for sitting, talking, reading, relaxing and building relationships.
This is livin. Thanks Jewel!!
July 24-25, 2009
Posted by Picasa

No comments: