Friday, October 10, 2008

Quilting Queen LuJean

My sister LuJean displays a few of her many quilts which she does so perfectly. Each of her family members always call for one so they've all been spoken for. I thought maybe I had a chance when I saw this Christmas quilt top, so I yelled out quickly,"I call for that one." However, yes, you guest it, it has been spoken for. She and my sister Beverly are part of a Wednesday quilting group and they are just like Mom in that they don't sit idle. Hands are always busy and as a result, much great work is accomplished to bless the lives of others. She has even put together a quilting memory book which has a picture of each of her quilts, when they were made and why. On a separate line it states who will receive this beautiful handmade creation someday or who it was gifted too. I must take the time to have her teach me. This is truly an art passed on from Mom and Grandma Roberts and will be passed on to her children and grandchildren. Good work, Lu.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

KaeLee said...

Wow I can't believe that she is done with it!! I call it!! Good job grandma hopeful I will be able to be as good as she is! KaeLee

Nicole said...

Robyn!!! I found you!! Those quilts are just adorable!!

Stephanie said...

Those are wonderful! LuJean and Bev, you are so talented! I love the squishy pumpkin one. So fun!