What are the odds?!!! The day was going pretty well. Busy but pleasant. I was spending the afternoon with my sister's celebrating mine and Kathy's birthday with lunch, shopping, genealogy, and visiting. I left to check on things at my summer businesses..Sno Shack and Snoasis. Cameron Porter, my partner in business, called from Oregan and asked what I was doing. I said I was just driving to check on the Shacks. He said you might want to go to Sno Shack first. A lady had a seizure and crashed into the Shack. I could then see ambulance lights flashing, not one but several. I couldn't believe what was in store.
She was confused about the drive thru sign and entered from the back. Ha Ha. We even made the local Standard Journal paper the next day with an article titled, "Pickup hits snow cone stand." (we sale shaved ice not show cones) The article went on to tell a little about what happened. Rexburg police, 2 ambulances, 1 fire truck and the power company responded to this accident in which a pickup crashed into Sno Shack. Witnesses said that after the impact one rear wheel of the truck was still spinning under power and the tire burned up, filling the air with smoke and fumes. The driver of this white Chevrolet S-10 pickup was taken by ambulance to Madison Memorial Hospital. A crew from Rocky Mountain Power also came to the scene of the accident and disconnected the electrical power to the snow cone stand. The investigation indicates that the pickup was headed north on Second East when it veered off the road. He said the woman driving might have had a seizure. The pickup first struck a re Mercury Mystique waiting in line a and then hit the ice machine which then hit the building, knocking it into a black Subaru Tribeca that was also stopped at the drive thru. What they didn't tell you was 2 girls were inside working. Someone yelled at them to get out for the smoke fire. They jumped out the front window and were pretty shocked and upset.
This is just one shot of the mess inside. One police officer was concerned about one of the girls being injured. She simply responded with tears in her eyes that she was o.k. and that what he thought was blood was really Tiger's Blood flavoring.
The cement block and fence helped protect customers at the window and hopefully helped stop the building from going forward further than it had already gone. The building was knocked off the blocks and pushed at least 5 ft. forward pulling the electrical wire as tight as possible. We're so glad no one was injured. We spent the evening moving out. We plan to do repairs and open next week. We want to put a sign on it that says," Smashed Shack," We sale the best crashed ice in town.





8 comments:
Very nice! We should send this attachment to Jared to give out as a good reason to get business insurance, no matter the cost!? I'm just glad the girls are ok. That is funny about the tiger's blood comment and the police officer. Haha
OH MY! Robyn I totally think you should put a funny sign out- it will have people laughing!
That is so crazy! I can't imagine how the girls inside must have felt. Scary! Thanks for the pictures.
Love ya....and see you soon!
Hey we need to talk more. I had no idea. Missed you walking lately. I think you should definitely do the sign.
Oh No! So glad everyone is ok, and I can't wait until you guys are up and running again. Sno Shack is almost a daily stop for me!!
Wow! I had no clue. Glad everyone is ok. Please put the sign out. It already makes me laugh.
Robyn, I am glad everyone is okay. The Sno Shacks are the one of the best things that have happened to Rexburg. I hope business is going well.
Robyn . . .
Sorry to see the accident - man, you guys were lucky.
PS Been trying to get in touch with you - I need to get the Memory Mixer program back from you - my daughter needs to use it! PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL!
Post a Comment