This is a long post but it felt good to express my thoughts to my dear friend's and family.Long time comin. I just realized that I have not blogged for a good 2 weeks and it finally dawned on me the reason why. The color of the book you see took my eye and brightened my day. I bought it for the color, picture and title. If made me a little happier.
I am trying to come out of the fog I'm in. With the cold and snow still hanging on, here in the Berg, I have been a little down. I think too, that my life has had a few changes that seem hard to combat and stay on top of the world. Depressed, some may say, because of the long hard winter. I think it's more like tired, rushed, out of time, overwhelmed, sad, and a little anxious for the day when we can live in love and peace. At times it's hard to focus on happy thoughts and be grateful for all the good. Last night while reading in Mosiah 28, in the Book of Mormon, about the 4 sons of Mosiah and Alma's son who was also rebellious. As a loving father, Alma prayed for his son and the Lord heard his prayers and struck him dumb, that he could not open his mouth, or move. Alma caused that the multitude should gather that they might witness what the Lord had done for his son. Notice it doesn't say, "what the Lord had done to his son." He was grateful and was able to see the positive rather than view it as negative. This helped me to analyze what I've been doing and hopefully help pull me up and out of the fog.
I read an article called, Bringing Out the light," from a prevention magazine. It states that a positive attitude can make the world a better place. Even with so many life challenges, there is always a ray of sunshine either outside or inside my heart. When challenges appear in our lives, we must remember that it's not the end of the world. We have options on how we look at what is happening around us. I have learned to ask, "What do you want of me, God, and how can I help." Never give up hope that things will get better. Sometimes there is a straight road ahead, and then we hit hills, valleys, and roads with no guardrails. When the path gets rough, we must remember that we can make a difference by saying our daily prayers, empowering other's, and never giving up on our dreams for a peaceful world. Sometimes it may seem that we are islands and bear the burden of the world on our shoulders, but don't forget that we are all connected to one another. We can lift our spirits and made the day brighter for ourselves and for those people who surround us. Find that peaceful, special place in your home and start your day by being happy instead of waiting for happiness to find you.
This has reminded me that I need to make time to be with my friend's and family outside my home. I gather strength from them and know that they love and accept me for who I am and appreciate my strengths and look beyond my weaknesses.
Attending 2 viewings in the last 2 days has also been a great reunion. A time to be around familiar faces who know and love me.
My cup has been filled and I do feel I have risen above the fog, even in cold Rexburg, Idaho.
6 comments:
Robyn, Wow - thanks for the thoughts, I too seem a little overwhelmed right now in life. I needed to hear some of the things you said. I hope you're doing okay, I sure love and appreciate all you do for us as a family.
Love Kimberly
What a great bit of truth. It's nice to know I'm in good company.
See you Tuesday!!
I'm going to go look for that book. It is beautiful. So is your writing! Thanks for sharing. You are amazing.
Robyn-
Hey! This is the Missy that has been wanting to contact you and find Stephanie...will you please tell her to add me to her blog so I can write her?! Your kids are so big...I can't believe it! Hope you guys are all doing good, I found you on Courtney blog...sorry! I'm a blog stalker! :) Check out my cute baby girl!
Hey Robyn,
This is Crystal and KaeLee. We just started a blog today and can't wait to get some stuff on it. Hope you are doing good!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment