Sunday, February 10, 2008

Rexburg Temple Dedication with the Whytes

Today started out with dense fog so thick that we couldn't see the temple from our window. This dense fog also delayed the plane with President Monson, who is the new Prophet of the church since Pres. Hinckley's passing in January. The session started about 45 mins. late but of course everyone adjusted well for the sense of anxiousness permeated the air. Pres. Monson attended the 9:00 and 11:00 seesion. Pres. Erying was unable to attend due to a newly broken ankle. Elder Bednar and Nelson were in attendance. This temple had been open the the public for the open house and now the dedication for 4 separate sessions. We attended the 2:00 p.m. session with Ted, Nancy, Ali, and Dillion Whyte. Our special spot was in the front of the foyer just behind the recommend desk where members present themselves before entering the temple for the work of the living and the dead.

The fog lifted and welcome dso many on this joyous occasion. A temple really does bring a special feeling in the community. It was a perfect day with the beautiful white snow piled high but the roads and sidewalks clear for traffic and all who come to unit is this great welcomed day.
On the front of each temple facade are the words," Holiness To The Lord, The House of The Lord." We as members believe this to be the most sacred place for us on earth. One is which you can leave your cares and worries outside and then enter these doors to enjoy the peace, the equality, the beauty . I truly can feel closer to God and know what Heaven must be like while in the presence of the Temple doing the work of the Lord.
I feel so grateful for my ancestor's, grandparent's, parent's who helped to settle this Upper Snake River Valley. This is truly history in the making. I personally have never been to an open house let alone a temple dedication. Many members attended in the stake centers for the deication while Brady, Eric, Devin and I were able to sit amonst other's in the temple to hear the words of apostle's of God. How grateful I am for the gospel in my life, for the many blessings it affords me and my family. I rejoice in this day and look forward to the temple work I will be able to take part within walking distance of my home Thanks to my Heavenly Father for the blessing's of the temple.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Is that Ali? Wow, where does the time go?

Amy said...

I'm happy to see your pictures from the dedication. It was such a special day for me too, and I'm glad to know my friends felt the same!