Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Glorious Christmas in Washington D.C.


December 8, 2007 marks the sealing of my daughter Stephanie to her husband Ryan in the Washington D.C. Temple. What a tender and truly special time. A special surprise came as they decided to bring sweet, happy and lovable baby Mason who was also sealed.
Eric and I were able to work things out with this last minute 1 week notice. When the Spirit speaks, it's time to act. And act we did and doors were opened. I was able to find affordable tickets, one using my voucher received back in April, realizing that this was the purpose for the voucher. While redeeming the voucher I discovered we had more than enough sky miles for Eric's ticket. Then the airport, upon securing the tickets, threw in a $50 voucher towards Eric's ticket which ended up being $35 and mine $135. I wondered how to come up with hotel money and then remembered I had an envelope in my nightstand with $200. Another micracle to have President and Sister Hammond as the Temple President and Matron to seal the marriage.
While there we enjoyed the festival of lights on the temple grounds. What an inspiring sight.

This is the adorable little grandson, Mason, that my sweet daughter and wonderful son-in-law surprised me at 2:30 a.m. to be sealed. In cried during the ceremony but I know was shouting for joy. Words cannot describe this special and lovable little 8 month old. I could eat him for my dinner. Better than any chocholate!

1 comment:

MZ said...

I LOVE your pictures of your trip to D.C. What a special time for all of you. Thanks for sharing. Hering about it is not the same as seeing some pictures of the event.