Walking By God's House,Our meetings start @ 8:00 a.m. and are such a spiritual feast because of the early morning hours which leaves plenty of time to have a Sunday afternoon walk. My walk of course would be past the temple with my ipod playing some inspiring uplifting music by a religious artist, Jenny Phillips. As I walked towards the temple down the hill my eyes focused on the temple.
A song, " Every Breath." began to play. A few words from the song, coupled with the site of this magnificant structure was playing...
Every breath, every pain,
He knows your heart,
He knows your name.
Giver of life, light in your soul
Open up, come rest .
Let Him rest
Your every breath
There's no where you can go
Where He hasn't been below.
Another song, "He Can Move Mountains, " was playing with more words which
added special meaning.
"He pours over me,
And this dust changes into clay,
He changes me in ways I hadn't planned.
He can move mountains,
He can part the seas
But sometimes He changes me.
He works wonders, like the thunders in the sky
But He sees what's inside
And He moves mountains in me.
Tears began to surface again. At the same time the remembrance o
f what the atonement, the love of Christ and the power and peace that the Holy Ghost brings came rushing through. I gained control over my emotions and continued to walk away from the temple. Thirty minutes later I turned the corner and saw the sun resting on the steeple. As I approached closer to the temple, the song, "As I Have Loved You, Love One Another," began to play. Once again, without mention, the tears found their way back into my eyes and down my cheek. This wonderful gospel! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. What a marvelous work and wonder. Charity Never Faileth. Again, this fit the circumstances in the past and a time in my life where I've struggled but risen above because of the love of family, friends and a special, influential lady in my life named Helen Lamprecht.
I love the Lord and have a strong testimony of His love and atonement for me. So blessed to have the temple so close.
Thanks to my husband for preparing FHE for the BYUI student to come to our home, while I sit and reflect.
Humbly and Sincerely,
"He pours over me,
And this dust changes into clay,
He changes me in ways I hadn't planned.
He can move mountains,
He can part the seas
But sometimes He changes me.
He works wonders, like the thunders in the sky
But He sees what's inside
And He moves mountains in me.
Tears began to surface again. At the same time the remembrance o
I love the Lord and have a strong testimony of His love and atonement for me. So blessed to have the temple so close.
Thanks to my husband for preparing FHE for the BYUI student to come to our home, while I sit and reflect.
Humbly and Sincerely,
Robyn/Mom
1 comment:
Very lovely post. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment