Experienced a wonderful Primary program in our Ward. Nancy Hopkin is the chorister and I'm the pianist. She is a great musician and knows how to teach children the beautiful art of singing. I love playing as she leads and teaches. Children can really bare a special testimony through music. I love using my music talent to serve in the church and am grateful to my parents for their efforts. I'm still a little rusty from not playing as often as I would like and wished I could stop my heart from beating so hard as I play. Time and experience takes care of that I'm sure.
It was a relaxing day. Quinn dropped by and of course food is always an option at our home. He stayed, ate and shared the fun week-end with his travels to Utah to meet up with Brady and Tyson @ Lagoon for one day and hanging out the next playing Tetrus and riding mini motor bikes. Nicole, Jason and the kids dropped in for a visit. She is due to have the baby this Friday. Susette called and came over for our occasional walk of the dogs by the Temple. She shared a web site with me from a conference she attended over the harvest break. Sue works with special needs students in the Sugar Salem School District. The conference was well worth her day and had loads of information in working with people. I have included the web site below and also an excerpt from the Reaching Out Newsletter.
Easy to Blame
It’s easy to blame a
youngster for all the problems,
distractions and disruptions
they leave in their
wake. Believe me, I’ve done
more than my share of it. But I
cannot remember blaming ever
creating much change at all.
It’s only when we change
ourselves that others
(especially the young folks we
serve everyday) can best
reflect it back to us. It’s a
much tougher job than
blaming, but the benefits are
awesome to behold.
Dr. Hew Len shares that his
mentor kept a place card on her
desk that read: Peace
begins with me. It was a
statement of profound
responsibility and action.
I wish us all the “burden” of
that kind of peace.
http://www.docspeak.com/ Reaching Out Newsletter
3 comments:
Thanks for the update on your life. We live next door but have to check the blog to keep in touch. How funny is that? Sorry I have missed the morning journeys. I came home sick and will soon rejoin you.
Our program is in 2 weeks. It's funny that we have the same calling.
Aunt Robyn,
I just saw your blog spot on Courtneys, hopefully it was okay to read all the fun things going on in your family. Thanks for the beautiful testimony and positive appreciation for the new Temple, (within walking distance of your house). Let me know how I can get onto Stephanie's site.
Post a Comment