Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Boating in October





What's a mother to do when her boys want to hit the lake in 54 degree weather and go wake boarding & surfing. I couldn't resist. I love being with my kids and feel totally elated on our boat, on the beautiful lake. As you can see the water was smooth, the sun shining with only 2 fishing boats. The boys agreed to paper, rock, scissors to determine who would get in the 50 degree water. Brady was the lucky one followed by Quinn, Hegsted and then Tyson. You should have heard the screaming and hollering when the first plunge was taken. Then the initial shock was somewhat over. However, when they hit the water from a great fall the pick up needed to be quick. Brady informed me that I needed to hurry a little faster in pulling him up out of the water. With a heater in the boat, plenty of blankets and each his own hoody we had quite an experience. One we can long discuss and treasure.

4 comments:

Amy said...

OH MY! I'll bet you were all freezing. You are such a fun mom, and you have cute boys. They are lucky to have you.

Stephanie said...

Aww! I want to go! I would have gotten in that water. I wouldn't even need a wetsuit. I'd dive in with my jeans and sweatshirt on. Ask Tyson about that one.

Stephanie said...

By the way....you're such a good mom. How many moms would do that? We're are lucky to have you!

MZ said...

You are a brave women...I have seen how wimpy we are early in the morning when it is cold.